Churches have always held an important place in community life, and Westham Parish Council has very active churches. Details below are supplied by the organisations concerned and are provided for information only. Please clarify any details with the respective representatives of these organisations.
St Mary's Church, Westham
Vicar Vacancy E-mail:
The Church will be open daily from 10am to 4pm during the summer months. Please use it regularly for prayer and quiet or just to look around.
- 8am - Holy Communion every week (Book of Common Prayer).
- 9.45am - Holy Communion (Common Worship with Children's groups)
- 9.45am - 1st Sunday of the month. Jubilate - an informal service for families and people less familiar to church. It is about 45 minutes long. You are invited to stay for refreshments after the service.
- 11.15am - 1st Sunday Holy Communion (Common Worship with traditional music)
- 4.00pm - 2nd Sunday Evensong (Book of Common Prayer) with the choirs of St Mary’s and St Nicolas, Pevensey.
Since the Normans invaded, perhaps even before then, there has been a worshipping community in Westham. Its people have lived through plague, famine, revolution and war. Throughout all this, the church has stood at the centre of the community as a living witness to Jesus Christ as Lord and King.
We hope that our building, steeped in prayer and worship for so many years, will convey something of the great truths of the Christian faith and that you will be able to visit us.
It contains many old things, but it is not a museum. It is the House of God and the centre of a living Christian community.
Activities and Groups include:
- Noah’s Ark for babies and pre-school children, their parents and carers
- Children’s Group meets during the service each Sunday
- Youth Group – a new group to start in September from 7:30 on Friday evenings in church
- Bible Study Groups fortnightly on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Flower Guild
- Choir and Music Group
- Mothers’ Union (you don’t have to be a mother to join).
- Bell Ringers
For further information, contact the vicar or visit our website http://www.stmaryswestham.org.uk
St Luke's Church
Stone Cross (C of E)
Vicar: The Reverend James Vine
Tel: 01323 764473
Parish Office and Hall Bookings
Tel: 01323 767020
- 8am - Said Mass (BCP on 1st Sunday of the month)
- 10.30am - Sung Parish Mass
- 8.00pm - Compline
- 10.30 am, Wednesday
- 7.30 pm, Friday
- 10.00 am, Friday - Free Coffee Morning in Partnership with the Eastbourne Foodbank
St. Luke's Church was built to the Glory of God in 1926 at the busy crossroads between Westham, Polegate, Hailsham and Langney. For 12 years from 1976 the Church was closed and lay derelict. Then, in 1988, St. Luke's was reopened to provide a place of worship, prayer and fellowship for the rapidly growing communities of Stone Cross and North Langney.
Please visit our website for further information. www.saintlukestonecross.org.uk